[AccessD] Find First in an Array? - The Solution Revisited - Now Tag is the Answer

jwcolby jwcolby at colbyconsulting.com
Tue Feb 24 14:51:48 CST 2009

I don't use tags at all for much the same reason.  Once you understand and use classes, tags quickly
lose their appeal.  I have just run into too many databases where the previous programmer used the
tags in various places.  Now I come along and start overwriting their old tag usage and the
application breaks.

It takes me literally minutes to write a class template and a few more minutes to fill it in.  I
used to use the tags extensively back before I learned about collections.  A collection can easily
and quickly completely replace the old VarName1=VarVal1;VarName2=VarVal2; stuff that you end up
writing into tags.  Collections are a modern programming construct.  Tags are a very early 90s
programming kluge (IMOOC).