[AccessD] Stored Procedure return value

Arthur Fuller fuller.artful at gmail.com
Fri Jan 23 18:06:42 CST 2009

>From the FE:

declare a variable called intRowCount and set its value to zero.

>From the BE's proc:

Declare a parm called @intRowCount OUTPUT

Execute the proc, passing your parm in.

Interrogate the variable intRowCount upon return to your external code.

That should do it.

If this is unclear, I could whip up a toy program for you, but I think that
this ought to be clear enough for you to proceed. If not, say so and I shall
supply a toy program that demo's this approach.

A.