[AccessD] OT: SQL Server

Darryl Collins Darryl.Collins at coles.com.au
Fri Jun 19 01:26:54 CDT 2009

Rambling thoughts...

I have used and loved Access and Excel for year and years, but I think I have a new love now.  Gotta say how totally impressed I am with SQL Server - Even the Free Express version is bloody brilliant.

I use the enterprise version at work, but need to demo some stuff on my PC as a stand alone operation.  So I installed SQL Server Express 2008, built an entire database from SQL Server 2000 scripts - tables, views, sproc, functions, the lot really in only a couple of minutes, and then imported all the data via DTS.  took less than half a day from nothing to having something function perfectly well into an Access FE.

the more I use SQL Server the more I am totally impressed, and the less and less I use Access and Excel for anything but front ends linked into SQL views and sprocs.

ra ra ra...

Just some friday afternoon musings from Oz....

regards
Darryl.

This email and any attachments may contain privileged and confidential information
and are intended for the named addressee only. If you have received this e-mail in
error, please notify the sender and delete this e-mail immediately. Any
confidentiality, privilege or copyright is not waived or lost because this e-mail
has been sent to you in error. It is your responsibility to check this e-mail and
any attachments for viruses.  No warranty is made that this material is free from
computer virus or any other defect or error.  Any loss/damage incurred by using this
material is not the sender's responsibility.  The sender's entire liability will be
limited to resupplying the material.