[AccessD] Write Conflict SQL and adp

David Emerson newsgrps at dalyn.co.nz
Tue Jun 23 20:58:41 CDT 2009

Eureka!

I was stumbling around with Arthur's suggestion about views and
filters and came up with an error to the effect that you can't change
a timestamp field.  It had been included in the SELECT
dbo.tblLAWSDensity.* part of the view.  So I changed the sproc to
list all the fields individually except for the timestamp and it
worked.  I now have filtering on the server side.

This now makes sense because (I am guessing here) as the timestamp
field was included in the sproc, it was being updated whenever a new
record was being sent back to the server, therefore not matching with
the old value of the timestamp.

Thanks everyone for your input.

David