[AccessD] Learning .Net -- PHP Instead?

Gustav Brock Gustav at cactus.dk
Thu Jun 25 01:57:19 CDT 2009

Hi Drew and John

The mistake by John here is that the Exit Loop and Exit For represent only a very restricted GoTo as they only can exit to one specific point: the end of the loop. That makes them very predictable. Still, I often refrain from these and add a flag to raise or some other condition to check to stop the loop.

The really ugly thing with GoTo is that is allows you to move backwards in the code to run it over again - do I need to remind about being caught in an endless loop caused by GoTo and some condition behaving otherwise than intended? I do, from my time with Algol where the compiler running on the IBM360 stopped those loops routinely (as we were only students at the technical university). A nightmare there is no reason to promote if you ask me.

/gustav

>>> DWUTKA at marlow.com 24-06-2009 23:58 >>>
Yep.  Wait a sec...are you and I in agreement?  Charlotte, just admit
defeat!!!  If JC and I agree on something, it HAS to be true! ;)

Drew