[AccessD] Learning .Net -- PHP Instead?

Drew Wutka DWUTKA at Marlow.com
Thu Jun 25 11:19:57 CDT 2009

Ummmmmm, that's not true, you can move forward with a Goto.  A Do Loop
IS always moving backwards.  With a goto, you can skip code, or go back.
And you can just as easily end up in a Do (or any loop, for next, while
wend) loop 'forever'.

Drew

-----Original Message-----
From: accessd-bounces at databaseadvisors.com
Sent: Thursday, June 25, 2009 1:57 AM
To: accessd at databaseadvisors.com
Subject: Re: [AccessD] Learning .Net -- PHP Instead?

Hi Drew and John

The mistake by John here is that the Exit Loop and Exit For represent
only a very restricted GoTo as they only can exit to one specific point:
the end of the loop. That makes them very predictable. Still, I often
refrain from these and add a flag to raise or some other condition to
check to stop the loop.

The really ugly thing with GoTo is that is allows you to move backwards
in the code to run it over again - do I need to remind about being
caught in an endless loop caused by GoTo and some condition behaving
otherwise than intended? I do, from my time with Algol where the
compiler running on the IBM360 stopped those loops routinely (as we were
only students at the technical university). A nightmare there is no
reason to promote if you ask me.

/gustav

>>> DWUTKA at marlow.com 24-06-2009 23:58 >>>
Yep.  Wait a sec...are you and I in agreement?  Charlotte, just admit
defeat!!!  If JC and I agree on something, it HAS to be true! ;)

Drew