[AccessD] Deleting Duplicates

Gustav Brock Gustav at cactus.dk
Sat May 16 03:13:56 CDT 2009

Hi Max

Yes, from Bill (is he still with us?) on 2001-01-25:

<quote>
Make sure to make a backup & test it first. . .

1. Add an autonumber field if you don't have a PK.
2. Create a totals Query1 which shows GroupBy the name, and First of the PK.
3. Create a delete Query2 with the PK criteria like this:

Not In (Select FirstOfPK From Query1;)

When you run the delete Query2 it will delete everything _except_ the first
occurrence of each name.
Bill Mitchell, MCP

</quote>

/gustav

>>> max.wanadoo at gmail.com 16-05-2009 10:03 >>>
Hi Gustav,
Do you have a quick sql where I can delete duplicate records leaving just one behind.  The wizard shows me all but I need only the duplicate so that I
can delete it.

ta

Max