[AccessD] OT: Virtual PC 2007 (MS), CITRIX XenServer, CITRIX HDX...

jwcolby jwcolby at colbyconsulting.com
Mon Sep 21 07:58:28 CDT 2009

Stuart,

You are correct, you can set the VM up to expand as necessary.  The advantage is that it can start
small and get really big if needed.  The disadvantage is that it is slow when expanding.  Once
expanded though it remains that size until it needs to expand again.

If you set up a fixed size, it is always as fast as it will ever be but be unable to grow if need be.

I set up mine as a fixed size, because my machines were performing a specific job and I knew what I
needed.