[AccessD] [dba-VB] [dba-SQLServer] HELP, server completely unresponsive

Drew Wutka DWUTKA at Marlow.com
Mon Sep 28 16:47:51 CDT 2009

LOL, with this economy, funds are tight!  Though if you are using a RAID
6 with 4 drives, you are only going to lose about one drive of
space...to go to a RAID 10.

This is with an external RAID controller, right, not something on the
motherboard?  (If it's on the motherboard, that might be hogging the CPU
too).

However, as far as duo and quad core processors.... we are kind of both
right.  It depends on the actual design.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Multi-core

If you look down to about the middle of the page, there is a
'Disadvantages' section...it mentions that some quad core designs are
two duo core dies on the same chip.  Try running 2 processors on your
data stuff, see if that makes a difference (so it's only using one duo
core, if your processor was designed like that).

Drew