[AccessD] Just Another Old Boys Club

js john.k.serrano at gmail.com
Fri Jul 9 11:10:09 CDT 2010

Hello all!

I have enjoyed hearing every one's idea on how this site has changed. I am
also new here and want to thank all of you for sharing your knowledge. I
have learned so much from you folks and want to thank you all. JC, I am
wanting to pick up C# also can you offer some advice on where to start, C#
sites, or books? What is the learning curve coming from VBA?

Any advice would be appreciated THANKS!

On Fri, Jul 9, 2010 at 9:29 AM, jwcolby <jwcolby at colbyconsulting.com> wrote:

> LOL.  Do ya need the bed pan?  It's coming by.
>
> C'mon over to the dark side and take up C# and SQL Server.  I am not doing
> "Access like" projects
> yet but I am doing some pretty powerful data manipulation stuff with it.
>  For sheer programming
> power, C# is the most powerful environment I have ever seen and it just
> keeps getting better.
>
> John W. Colby
> www.ColbyConsulting.com <http://www.colbyconsulting.com/>
>

> Tony Septav wrote:
> > Hey All
> > After spending a restless night sitting up and hosing down the dog
> > (mini heat wave here, no air conditioning). I realized that what some of
> > you
> > have stated (some rather eloquently, others down right crudely(is that a
> > word?))
> > is correct. I think I am turning into one of those "cranky old farts"
> > that we
> > used to point our fingers at when we were kids. As Jim stated "Times
> > Change", I guess it is time to try and teach the old dog new tricks.
> > Or.......the next time we meet I will be saying "Would you like fries
> > with that?".
> >
> > Sorry, I was wrong (flame off) .

John Serrano
757 651 - 4320