[AccessD] Scroll button

jwcolby jwcolby at colbyconsulting.com
Thu Sep 9 07:05:30 CDT 2010

The user pulls a set of records that have to be entered field by field into a web page.  They open
the web page in one monitor and the app in another.  The web page is huge and they use the mouse
wheel to scroll up and down.

The application uses the click event of the text boxes to copy the contents of the text box into the
paste buffer, so that they can

click in app (automatically copied to the paste buffer)
Click in web form
paste

click in app (automatically copied to the paste buffer)
click in web form
paste

I would dearly LOVE to programmatically find the data in the web page and insert it myself but I do
not know how to do that.

So... the problem is that they use the scroll wheel in the web page but if they accidentally scroll
in the app it moves to the next record.  Now they are copying data from the wrong record to the web
page.

But when they are done with that record in the application, they click a button and move to the next
record.

So basically I could design the app to only have a single record in the form and somehow display the
next record when they clicked the button, or I could disable the scroll wheel in the form.

If the form only displays a single record and the AllowAdd property is false, then the scroll wheel
can't move the record anyway so "disabling" the wheel becomes a non issue.

I was just trying to do this without programming behind the form to only display a single record.
As it turns out the whole web application that they are entering data into is screwy and after
entering a set of records, I get information back from the web app, and I do stuff to the previous
records entered, so having them in the form's recordset allows me to programmatically move backwards
through the data when I need to do that update.

If anyone can talk about programmatically finding controls on a web page and pushing data into those
controls, I am all ears.  This is a medical billing application for the state of Pennsylvania and
their web page pretty much sucks. One size fits all, 200 controls on the web form and you choose
which 10 you are going to put data in.  This thing BEGS for data files but they can't accept them,
though they do give them back to me.