[AccessD] freelancing job sites

Arthur Fuller fuller.artful at gmail.com
Mon Aug 22 10:12:31 CDT 2011

After 20-odd years in the freelancing game, I agree with your take 100%. I
do think that you left a few other bad things out:

1. What freelancer works 40 hours a week or fewer?
2. You're only as good as the weakest link in the chain. Employers have
accounting departments and pension advisors. Unless you have those skills or
are prepared to pay for them, you're better off as an employee.
3. Employees get paid vacations. Almost every freelancer I know is afraid to
take a vacation.
4. Especially nearing the end of a contract, the freelancer is working more
hours than usual and is not free to scout for the next gig. This often
results in some down-time between gigs.

Great piece, Susan!
A.