[AccessD] Troubleshooting a runtime

jwcolby jwcolby at colbyconsulting.com
Sun Feb 27 20:38:59 CST 2011

I got it.  The library was referenced at c:\Dev\PrisonMinistry but I had placed the FE and FW at
c:\Runtimes\LenoirPM on the VM which has the runtime installed..

As soon as I created the same directory structure as my dev machine and moved the FE/FW to that
location, and run AddPath.exe on that location - it started working.

So, I am running a VM with only an Access 2007 runtime, with my FE and framework running under that
runtime, hitting a SQL Server at a specific Hamachi IP address.  Bound forms, linked tables.  The
table links have the Hamachi IP address hard coded in the connection, as well as a username /
password which has db_DataReader and db_DataWriter rights on that specific database.  Not optimum I
know but *it works*!

ATM it is on my local network but I have hope at least that it will run under a 2007 runtime on
another machine across the internet.

Now what I need to do is to get this VM running on my laptop, then take the laptop back to Arby's to
test with their internet back into my network.