[AccessD] Access/Excel formatting problem

Doug Steele dbdoug at gmail.com
Sun Jan 23 13:46:22 CST 2011

Hello All:

I am creating an Excel 2003 workbook from Access.  I need to apply
standard formatting to each sheet, so I thought I would build a
subroutine to apply the formats as follows (the code has been
abbreviated here).

In my main procedure:

Dim MySheet as Excel.Worksheet

For i = 0 To myExcelApp.Worksheets.Count - 1
    Set MySheet = myExcelApp.Worksheets(i + 1)
    FormatSheet (MySheet)
Next i

My formatting sub:

Private Sub FormatSheet(sht as Excel.Worksheet)
      sht.Select
      Rows(1).Select
      With Selection
        .Font.Bold = True
        .HorizontalAlignment = xlCenter
      End With

      .... etc etc

End Sub

Everything works fine if I put the formatting code right in the 'for'
loop, but when I try to run it by calling the format sub from the
loop, I get an 'Object doesnt' support this property or method' error
on the 'FormatSheet(MySheet)' line.

Doug