[AccessD] Cannot Open Anymore Databases

Tony Septav iggy at nanaimo.ark.com
Thu Jul 7 07:59:37 CDT 2011

Hey All
Just curious. I was working on a report, I would view it and when I returned
to the design mode I would get the error message "Cannot open anymore
databases". The report is based on a union query, which is made up of 6
subqueries. each of these subqueries is based on the results from about 3 or
4 other querys. If I manually run the union query I don't get any error
messages, as I mentioned I only get the error message when working with the
report. Am I correct in assuming that the results of each of these queries
results in 1 instant of the database being opened and I have exceeded the 84
(whatever) limit to the number of databases instances that can be open at
one time??  I solved the problem by appending the results of each of the 6
queries to a temp table and using the table for the report.

T. Septav
Nanaimo, BC
Canada