[AccessD] POP mail automation

Gustav Brock Gustav at cactus.dk
Tue May 10 09:56:59 CDT 2011

Hi John

You can use the ActiveX component from Chilkat. Not free but very capable and support is excellent:

http://www.chilkatsoft.com/email-activex.asp

Example code for reading headers only:
http://www.example-code.com/vb/pop3_readHeaders.asp

/gustav

>>> jwcolby at colbyconsulting.com 10-05-2011 01:18 >>>
I am writing Access applications which will use GMail to send small e-mailings.  I finally figured
out how to use CDO to do email send but I now need to be able to collect email back from my gmail
account.  The problem is that I won't have a clue what email client (if any) is running on the
user's machine.

Does anyo0ne know of a free pop mail client that can be automated from Access?