[AccessD] OLE DB being retired

Jim Dettman jimdettman at verizon.net
Mon Sep 12 08:36:46 CDT 2011

Stuart,

 Were actually on the same page<g>.  I use ADO and ADP's a bit, but for the
most part I have stayed away from them and never really moved to ADO at all.
I still use DAO for just about everything (if I can get away with it).

  I've also stayed away from .Net, but it looks like I'm going to pay for
that one having at least 15 years yet to retirement.

  Access doesn't seem like it's going to hang on (for me) that long with the
likes of Lightswitch and it's wholesale move to the web.  It has too little
focus on producing desktop apps anymore, which I suppose is a sign of the
times.

Jim.