[AccessD] Remote Support for Access 2007 Applications ? VerySlow Response Time During the Day

Jim Lawrence accessd at shaw.ca
Mon Jul 23 02:27:14 CDT 2012

Actually neither does LogMeIn for that matter...what you get for free is a
crippled product.

If you do enough business with TeamViewer you reach a commercial level and
the professional costs pays for itself.

If you are doing a lot of server work there are a couple of free Cytrix
(termServer) administration licenses, that are built in, which allows you to
use RDP from anywhere, from any client.

Personally, I rarely use either LogMeIn or TeamViewer and if it is required
it is best to let the client pick up the cost. I do use Hamachi, though, but
mostly for emergency logins if the client's static IP is inadvertently
changed by the ISP. (It should never happen but it happens all the time.)

In a pinch there is still old NetMeeting which has been the backup remote
connection for over ten years or Telnet which has been around longer.

Jim