[AccessD] New database from hell

Stuart McLachlan stuart at lexacorp.com.pg
Fri Mar 23 15:44:54 CDT 2012

My initial search turned up an interesting article:

http://blog.mischel.com/2011/12/01/large-text-file-viewers/

After a bit more searching I found this:

http://www.baremetalsoft.com/baretail/index.php?app=BareTail&ver=3.50a&date=2006-11-02

The freeware version has a Splash Screen, but that's all.

It opened and displayed a chunk from a 15GB binary file instantly.

Designed as a WIndows version of the  Unix "tail" , it defaults to  opening the last block of the
file, but you can change that simply with the Configuration/Options screen.

Give it a try and tell us how it handles your monster file.

--
Stuart