[AccessD] The list

Kathryn Bassett kathryn at bassett.net
Wed Sep 19 16:19:16 CDT 2012

> But I see on the DBA site a list of shareholders and mention of a Board of
> Directors. And DBA is (or was) a corporation. That's old, old content, but
> surely someone's still holding the tiller.

I would say that probably half of the shareholders are still active on at
least one or more of the lists.
http://www.databaseadvisors.com/contacts.asp
Of the board, Drew Wutka is deceased. I don't know Reuben's status. The
others are all still active on at least one or more of the lists, though I'm
not sure how much treasurer Keith has posted in the last few years.

This thread has been a very good one, that points out something very
important. We DO need to have a membership meeting (we have a membership
list called DBA-owners for that) and we need to confirm or re-elect the
board. It looks bad to have "as of 2009" on there.

President John, how about calling a meeting for that purpose on the
membership list? That's the first thing that needs doing, before we even
address some of the things brought up in this thread. Is anyone in contact
with Keith to make sure he's still doing the annual things that need doing
to maintain our corporation? At the membership meeting, we'll need a
financial report in any case.

For the sake of Kenneth and Tony who are too new to know, and John will
correct me if I'm wrong, you can "come" to membership meetings by being on
the owners list, you just can't vote unless you are a shareholder (aka
owner).

By the way, you don't know me, as I very seldom post here. In the beginning
I was very much on the receiving end of major help building a major Access
DB for keeping track of runners for a 100 mile endurance race. I'm a ham
radio operator, and my husband (also a ham) was in charge of the finish
line. It's a very long story but when I started on the list I knew nothing
about relational databases. With all the help I received, eventually the mdb
was able to automatically import the csv info generated from the ham
operators into the mdb and make reports that were then uploaded to the
internet so that people around the world could see where there running was
within about an hour of their last report (subsequently someone wrote a
runner tracking program for the radio and integrated my mdb into it and now
the data is literally "live"). My current knowledge is still minimal, but I
learned enough to make several heavily used mdb's (my book list, a database
for my husband's high school class reunions, my trip diary, etc) and I
occasionally see a thread I can add two cents to. That massive amount of
help by people who were/are pretty expert, without being made to feel like a
fool for asking, is what made me become the first webmaster, and a
shareholder.

--
Kathryn Rhinehart Bassett (Pasadena CA)
"Genealogy is my bag" "GH is my soap"