[AccessD] Corrupted mde

Rocky Smolin rockysmolin at bchacc.com
Thu Apr 11 15:02:31 CDT 2013

I can see the data.  I suggested the make table query idea to him.

First problem is that everything I do with this guy I do via GoToMeeting.
Slow, awkward, etc.  He recognizes that.  So he's going to try to get his
customer's permission to send the back end to me.

2nd problem - maybe not a real problem - he's using A97 (the app has been in
use for many years - originally developed in A97, never upgraded).  So when
I create this new database it will be in 2000/2003 format and I'll have to
convert it to 97 format.

3rd problem - for him, not for me - he doesn't have the BE in an mdb format.
Oh yes, he has the original mdb, but it's out of date because he's made lots
of changes over the years to the mde through code.  Why mde back end?  To
stop the users from altering the data directly.

But if I do this exercise he'll have an up to date mdb back end.

Thanks

Rocky