[AccessD] 2007 Re-Linking Puzzle

Arthur Fuller fuller.artful at gmail.com
Sat Feb 16 13:26:37 CST 2013

I've noticed in the past couple of days that Access 2007 appears to have a
relinking issue. Like any good boy scout, I split the app very early on,
and since I inherited a bad (unnormalized, inconsistently named objects,
etc.) I've been making changes to both the FE and the BE as I go. What I
have noticed is this: despite the changes to field names and some of their
attributes, the FE seems unaware of these changes, and when I peruse the
table structure from the FE it still reflects the old properties, not the
new ones. I tried re-linking, and that didn't make the problem go away. It
appears that nothing works, short of deleting the linked table from the FE
and then creating a new link to the BE table.

Was this always the case, and I simply never noticed before? Or is this
some new "feature" of Access 2007?

--
Arthur