[AccessD] AccessD never changes

Jim Dettman jimdettman at verizon.net
Wed Feb 20 12:06:58 CST 2013

<<I will support change to AccessD but don't look to me to spearhead the
change.  I have a life that
sucks up most of my time and my need for change is small.>>

 I meant to add that as well in the part about not being overly critical;
all of us work, have bills to pay, etc.  Most of us are on our own and
there's no one but us.   We don't work, we don't get paid.  So when it comes
down to billable work vs. contributing, you know what will come first more
often then not.  I see the same situation on EE.  Taking the time to write
up articles, blogs, etc. requires considerable effort and a lot more then
most appreciate.   Anyone that's tried it knows and I'm sure Susan can
attest to that.

 Personally I think you should just throw everything in one list (except for
OT) at this point and let people filter out what they want with their e-mail
client.  Either that or convert to a forum with a few sub boards so it's
more in everyone's face that there are conversations going on in other
areas.

 That would show where many of us have gone and maybe spark some interest in
others to look in those directions (like VB.net).  As developers, we still
face many of the same problems even if it is not in Access.

 Certainly would get the activity level up as well...

Jim.