[AccessD] my situation....

Jim Lawrence accessd at shaw.ca
Sun Mar 3 12:21:34 CST 2013

Microsoft went from 95 percent of the desktop market to around 25 percent.
No one's fault, just the reality. The market is just as big (a lot bigger)
than it use to be but it all moved to the web.

Access is still the best tool to boiler-plate a system into place but then
instead of migrating to the desktop you migrate to the web. Not easy by
today's common knowledge and it is just going to take us old-timers a bit of
time to get up to speed...and becoming .Net experts is not necessarily the
route to go.

Those that have got 'up to speed' have been able to demand and get the
incomes that 'us' of the nineties had previously enjoyed.

Your skill sets are far beyond just the implementation and application used
and maybe if it can be deployed into a marketable stand-alone (or even web
based) package?... I think few developers, even now, make money on one-off
products.

Jim