[AccessD] Questions about Attachments

Doug Murphy dw-murphy at cox.net
Tue May 28 11:45:23 CDT 2013

Arthur,

My one experience with attachment fields was not good. Inherited a database
using attachment fields for document storage. It was slow and had large back
end file size. The customer wanted it faster. Due to the projected use of
the system we decided to upsize to SQL Server. Attachment fields do not
upsize. Neither do any of the other "new" field types introduced with Access
2007.  My suggestion is to strongly encourage storing links in table to
pictures in the file system.  If the database is to work over a network it
will slow down with the attachment fields.

Not much information but a little experience.

Doug