[AccessD] And this just in...

Arthur Fuller fuller.artful at gmail.com
Sat Mar 1 12:02:37 CST 2014

Jim and John,

Why would any large firm such as an international bank invest in any
version of Windows? This I simply cannot fathom. There are many versions of
Linux that are available free; couple that with OfficeLibre and you've
covered about 90% of the user base. If you want custom apps written
originally for Office (e.g. Acess or Word etc.), then install Wine.

Frankly, I have lost interest in, and no longer can see a business case
for, any Windows installation, regardless of which version. AFAICS, there
is no reason for this OS to live, other than gravitational pull.

Personally, I have moved to Ubuntu and Oracle VirtualBox with an instance
of Office 2007 installed there, in case something crops up that I can't
handle otherwise. Those instances grow fewer and fewer as each day passes.

Arthur