[AccessD] Want to repopulate combo after adding items

Bill Benson bensonforums at gmail.com
Wed Sep 10 10:59:56 CDT 2014

Susan, call the main forms combos  re query right after popular adds the
new species. Optionally (depends on your workflow) u can also set the list
index (perhaps value for a cbo) to the just added item as well. I usually
loop forms to make sure that main form is still open, since sometimes
species are being added as standalone.

This is one of the things I like about access, that a pop up still can get
a handle on the previous form.

You can even loop all forms looking for all controls that use species in
their rowsource, and requery them all at the same time (possibly setting to
their previous values after re query if that happens to deselect user
selections ... I can't remember if requery does so). Probably wouldn't hurt
to prompt the user after the popup, on close, if more than one species were
added or change, versus only 1, before changing control values. If only 1,
they probably were adding as a part of the other forms workflow. If they
added 2 or more, you wouldn't know for sure they wanted to alter the item
showing in the other control, you only know they wanted to increase the
population.