[AccessD] database window appearing when I run code in VBE

Bill Benson bensonforums at gmail.com
Fri Sep 11 21:55:28 CDT 2015

Ac2013.

Running a macro from the VBA Editor, using F5, I am destroying a database
object (table) and recreating from code. In the process, while running from
the VBE, the VBE window loses focus and the DB window appears.

This wouldn't be an issue at runtime when the UI is all the user would be
seeing, but it is annoying when debugging.

Anyone have a clue what is causing this and if it is avoidable?

Option Compare Database
Option Explicit
Sub CreatePeriods()
Dim rst As DAO.Recordset
Dim db As DAO.Database
Dim SQL As String
Dim i As Long
Dim rstItems As DAO.Recordset
Set db = CurrentDb
On Error Resume Next
DoCmd.DeleteObject acTable, "Periods"
On Error GoTo 0
DoCmd.CopyObject CurrentDb.Name, "Periods", acTable, "PeriodsTemplate"
SQL = "SELECT Dates.Day, TimeSlots.SlotBegin, TimeSlots.SlotEnd, Dates.ID,
TimeSlots.SlotID"
SQL = SQL & " From TimeSlots, Dates"
SQL = SQL & " ORDER BY Dates.ID, TimeSlots.SlotID"
Set rstItems = db.OpenRecordset(SQL)
With rstItems
    While Not .EOF
        SQL = "Insert into periods (Dat,TimeSlot,Period) Values ("
        SQL = SQL & "#" & .Fields("Day").Value & "#"
        SQL = SQL & "," & .Fields("SlotID").Value
        SQL = SQL & ",'" & Format(.Fields("SlotBegin").Value, "hh:mm AMPM")
& " - " & Format(.Fields("SlotEnd").Value, "hh:mm AMPM") & "')"
        db.Execute SQL
        i = i + 1
        Debug.Print i & " records inserted"
        .MoveNext