[AccessD] OT:Hosting providers

Jim Dettman jimdettman at verizon.net
Fri Jan 20 07:56:20 CST 2017

 Somewhat off-topic; does anyone have any favorites as far as hosting
providers in the US?

 I've got a client that wants to move to a hosted situation for their server
as up-time is critical for them and they have limited IT staff (one person),
but 95% of my clients are on-prem, so I have limited experience in this
area.

 Wondering if anyone has good/bad experiences with anyone.

 I've been looking at:

Rackspace
Liquid Web
Infinitely Virtual
In Motion
ID Zoom

 Gustav mention on EE that I should look at Amazon Web Services as well (I
asked the same question there).

 We are looking to have a DC, TS Server, and possibly a file share server.
Their Access app, which is still JET/ACE based will reside entirely on the
TS server.   They have an office staff of about fifteen in three different
locations and users spread throughout the country.   In office users RDP
into a server now using thin clients.

So this should be an easy move, but I want to make sure we pick the right
hosting provider.

Jim.