[dba-SQLServer]Creating views from an adp -- permissions

Arthur Fuller artful at rogers.com
Wed Mar 12 12:05:34 CST 2003

I second that emotion. Suppose a user creates the following view:

Create View vMyDumbAss
AS
SELECT * FROM Customers, SalesOrders, SalesDetails, Products

With no WHERE or JOIN clauses. The rows returned = Count(Customers.*) *
Count(SalesOrders.*) * Count(SalesDetails.*) * Count(Products.*). That's
enough to bring almost any server to its knees.

Mere mortals saving views? Something is wrong with your conception,
methinks. If you must implement this, pull out the resume and freshen it.
This is not a place you want to be. Get out before the fit hits the shan.

A.