[dba-SQLServer]ODBC connection - Is this normal

John Colby jcolby at colbyconsulting.com
Mon Oct 6 12:22:13 CDT 2003

I used a n ODBC connection to link my existing FE to my Client Billing data
exported to SQL Server.  I am adding ToDo list functionality and have
discovered that when I build a table and link it to the FE, if I go back in
to SQL Server and add a new column, that column doesn't show in the BE.  I
have to delete the link and relink before I can see the new column.

Is this normal?  It's almost as if the link is a query of specific fields.

John W. Colby
www.colbyconsulting.com