[dba-SQLServer] Error Trapping and temp tables

Mark L. Breen subs1847 at solution-providers.ie
Tue Jun 1 07:47:22 CDT 2004

Hello Marty,

I love what he is doing, a great idea, I heard about the same concept a few
years ago when I worked on a project with the Honourable Mr Colby.

However, what I omitted to mention was that it was VB and SQL not Access,
although as the question was in the SQL group, I may possible be excused.

In the end, I read one article that suggested that temp tables in SQL server
are resource intensive, especially on RAM, so I decided to use standard
tables as these temp tables will be having large throughput of data, even
though they will hold very little data, 1 million records per month roughly.

Thanks again for the help,

Mark