[dba-SQLServer] SQL Server 2005 unresponsive

Jim Lawrence accessd at shaw.ca
Fri Sep 4 11:37:07 CDT 2009

I think the issue is Access related and not MS SQL. Had exactly the same
issues when connected to an Oracle DB. I ended up writing code that would
save my results to a temporary table, in the Oracle DB and then would have
Access just retrieve the table results.

The single process step of gathering the data and downloading a recordset,
via ADO would sometimes cause a hang up. If I used ODBC, it would always
cause a hold up especially on larger data sets.

Have you tried .Net?

Jim