[dba-Tech] Powerpoint question

Bryan Carbonnell carbonnb at sympatico.ca
Mon Nov 3 17:50:19 CST 2003

On 3 Nov 2003 at 20:31, Andy Lacey wrote:

> The situation is that no-one at the customer has used it at all, and
> I'm a novice myself. So now they feel the need, which is going to
> involve purchasing copies (only have Office 97 so it's going to cost
> to get later versions), training courses, books etc, and the question
> I'm asked is "Which version shall we invest in?"

If all they have is O97, then you/they have already invested in
PPT97, so why bother looking anywhere else?

If they haven't used it before, then they won't need any of the new
features. :-)

Use the K.I.S.S. principle.

Keep It Simple Son

About the only thing that springs to mind on the improvements is in
PPT2K and PPT XP there is more support for various animations in the
slides, as well as animated graphics formats IIRC.

That's all that I can recall being significantly different. Or
atleast that's what the instructors I work with have mentioned.

Bryan Carbonnell - carbonnb at sympatico.ca
Stupid questions are better than stupid mistakes. - Japanese proverb