[dba-Tech] ZIP drive incompatibilities

Bettina Giehr allcop.pc at t-online.de
Tue Oct 21 02:06:59 CDT 2003

Hi techies,

we are having problems with different ZIPs : We receive about 20 ZIPs a day
ranging from ZIP 100 to ZIP 250, various manufacturers. We have Iomega and
Fuji ZIP drives. The problem is that suddenly a ZIP that has been processed
many days without errors is no longer readable. The message that pops up is
something like 'ZIP is not formatted, do you want to format Y/N?'. We send
the ZIP back to the customer marked as unprocessed and he yells that of
course he can read the data, what's happening ? He swears he did not format
the ZIP or do any other weird thing. By the way this is happening with many
customers, not just one.
Does anybody know about incompatibilities or maybe patches or servicepacks
or anything that can help ? This is really a big problem for us.
TIA

Bettina