[dba-Tech] RE: [AccessD] OT - Spam Blocker

Foote, Chris Chris.Foote at uk.thalesgroup.com
Tue Oct 21 05:06:54 CDT 2003

Here's a bit of cunning Javascript that I picked up somewhere:

------------------
<script language="Javascript">
    <!-- Begin
       user = "admin";
       site1 = "garyfoot";
       site2 = ".com";
       document.write('<a href=\"mailto:' + user + '@' + site1 + site2
+ '\">');
       document.write(user + '@' + site1 + site2 + '</a>');
       // End -->
       </script>

If you change 'user', 'site1', and 'site2' to suit your own requirements,
drop this into your html, it will work like a normal <mailto> tag (assuming
user has Javascript enabled) but cannot be understood (probably) by
spambots!

To see this in action, have a look at
http://www.garyfoot.com/8-contact/index8.htm

Regards!