[dba-Tech] Photos to movies

Andy Lacey andy at minstersystems.co.uk
Tue Dec 21 16:48:27 CST 2004

I recently downloaded the trial version of something called iPhotoDVD. What
it does is allow you to string a load of jpg's together into an mpg,
specifying how long each is to stay on-screen and what transition effects
you want between photos. You can also add a soundtrack. I can then burn the
mpg onto a CD (I don't have a DVD writer) in SVCD format using Nero and
watch the resultant CD on a DVD player. Result: family can sit around TV and
watch snaps rather than gathering round PC. Now I find this neat, and don't
mind at all paying the $19 the guy's asking for the real version, but before
I do I wondered if anyone uses anything similar and recommends an
alternative. The oftware has a few rough edges and one of you may know
something better.

-- Andy Lacey
http://www.minstersystems.co.uk