[dba-Tech] A DELL TECH Support Story

Martin Reid mwp.reid at qub.ac.uk
Thu Jul 29 03:37:29 CDT 2004

Andrew

There were no drivers involved. The point is

It is possible to upgrade to XP pro without buying a disc of Dell

The fix is very simple once you know how., Turns out that during an upgrade
the Dell USB drivers are not installed by the software. It appears to be an
issue Dell tech support would be awafe of. Unless they simply want you to
buy a new disc from them of course.

Martin