[dba-Tech] Access vs. .NET

Stuart McLachlan stuart at lexacorp.com.pg
Thu Nov 18 21:01:11 CST 2004

On 18 Nov 2004 at 20:32, Tina Norris Fields wrote:

> Oh my, Steve,
>
> That sounds so like me!  I thought Paradox was the be-all and end-all
> back in '93!  And I absolutely fell in love with dBase III (I think) in
> '87.  Anybody else get hooked back then on COBOL and/or RPG?

For me it was Dataflex back then.   I developed in it continuously from 87
to 93 when I discovered Access 1.0. One of my current clients still uses a
DOS based Dataflex application for their accoounting (CBA) and I still
occassional write a bit of dataflex to extract data from it to integrate
with Access apps.  I was lucky, I never really got into DBase/Foxpro
Clipper etc although I did dabble in them a bit.

--
Stuart