[dba-Tech] Basic Questions about Word

Arthur Fuller artful at rogers.com
Tue Sep 7 20:43:16 CDT 2004

Thanks, Kath. I'll give that a go.

Arthur

-----Original Message-----
From: dba-tech-bounces at databaseadvisors.com
[mailto:dba-tech-bounces at databaseadvisors.com] On Behalf Of Kath
Pelletti
Sent: Tuesday, September 07, 2004 8:43 PM
To: Discussion of Hardware and Software issues
Subject: Re: [dba-Tech] Basic Questions about Word

Hi Arthur - I would not consider myself to be an expert on Word - but
you may want to have a play with the 'hidden' format available under the
Format Font menu.

That format makes text a) not display and b) not print.

I think something along these lines would work...

- Highlight each of your guideline areas of text and give them a
bookmark name, eg. Guideline1, Guideline2, etc.

- Write a macro (just using the Tools menu) to 'Go to' each of your
bookmarks and then Format, Font Hidden. You could attach the print
preview function so that the doc. was then ready to go.

- Maybe have another macro to Ctrl+a and format, font, unhidden.

Then put the macros on your toolbar.

HTH
Kath