[dba-Tech] Adobe Acrobat Reader 7.0

MartyConnelly martyconnelly at shaw.ca
Tue Jun 14 10:41:26 CDT 2005

Yup came across this the hard way too.

There are still bugs in 7.01, this code below will work in 6.0 to open
zoomed pdf document and specific page
With 7.0 it won't open the document at all, Adobe page just flashes
empty.  Code now works with 7.01
However opening a hyperlink locally with parameters like this worked
with 6.0
"file:///C:\records management\aircanadacasestudy.pdf?zoom=25"
Doesn't work anymore it ignores the open parameters with 7.0 or 7.01
but will open the file properly to initial page.

It does work opening  file remotely with 7.01
"https://somesite.com/results.pdf?page=1000"

Sub RunAdobetest()
'for list of  pdf open options see
' http://partners.adobe.com/asn/acrobat/sdk/public/docs/PDFOpenParams.pdf
Dim intRet As Integer
Dim intPage As Integer
Dim strPDF As String
Dim strCommandLine As String
   intPage = 3
strPDF = """C:\records management\aircanadacasestudy.pdf"""

strCommandLine = """C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat
7.0\Reader\AcroRd32.exe""" & _
     " /A " & "page=" & intPage & "&zoom=50,250,100 " & strPDF
    Debug.Print strCommandLine
   intRet = Shell(strCommandLine, vbMaximizedFocus)
End Sub