[dba-Tech] Firefox not finding web site first try

John W. Colby jwcolby at colbyconsulting.com
Sat Mar 5 19:43:06 CST 2005

In the last perhaps 2 weeks or so firefox suddenly started failing to find
many sites the first time I ask.  I have to assume it is a timing issue with
sites that don't respond immediately.  I say this because some sites just
always come back - msnbc for example.  Other sites come back with a "not
found" message.  If I try a second time it IMMEDIATELY returns the info, and
I mean with no delay AT ALL.  This is totally bizarre.  It is rarely if ever
a real "the site is no longer there", yet it happens to me dozens of times a
day.  VERY irritating to say the least.

Has anyone seen this?

http://folding.stanford.edu/