[dba-Tech] DB/OS market statistics

Tina Norris Fields tinanfields at torchlake.com
Tue Mar 18 07:58:31 CDT 2008

Arthur,

I believe you have properly diagnosed the matter.  "Elitism too has
inheritance."  Beautiful!

So, what do we have to do to be taken "seriously"?  Apparently, we have
to be able to point to any programming language, any operating system,
and any database management application, and say "Yes, of course I can
do that, and I can charge you several thousand extra dollars for working
in THIS one instead of THAT one."  Hmm, quick refresher time for all -
everyone into the pool!

Tina