[dba-Tech] New virtual drive

Jim Lawrence accessd at shaw.ca
Tue Oct 6 07:26:06 CDT 2009

There are three types of Video cards, PCI, AGP and the new standard PCI
Express (New standard). The layout on each slot is different so they are not
inter-changeable. If your computer is within the last 2 years then it has a
PCI Express slot.

If you want the capability of more than 2 monitors you will have to buy the
appropriate video cards:

http://www.9xmedia.com/products/video_cards/index.php

(I have installed a lot of 4x monitor video cards for investment sections of
banks.)

I have not seen those 'mini' slots that you describe before. Just read the
code off the MoBo and 'Google' it. Here is a link to the range of MoBo
slots: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Motherboard_expansion_slot

HTH