[dba-Tech] Getting rid of some folders

Kathryn Bassett kathryn at bassett.net
Mon Feb 27 22:49:51 CST 2012

Back in December, I posted the problem below. The problem still hasn't been
resolved. I have a similar problem with a specific spreadsheet. Maybe if we
can solve that one, I can try the solution with the folders.

I had a spreadsheet that I no longer use. I have been trying to get rid of
it, and its accompanying desktop shortcut for months. I've found a few
things on the web, but mostly they have to do with virus or malware issues,
neither of which are the case for me (I use Malwarebytes and Avast). I have
even gone into safe mode to delete them (including emptying the recycle bin)
and within a day, they are back. I've deleted other spreadsheets without
this happening, so I can't figure out why this particular one is a problem.
I didn't even have much of anything in it, just a few days of keeping track
of time for a client. It's an Excel, in case that makes a difference (most
of my spreadsheets are QuattroPro).

On the Tech Support Guy Mailing List, someone recommended
http://eraser.heidi.ie/ but that didn't work either. The file stayed gone
for about 2 reboots, but it was back again this morning. I've just tried
renaming it, without deleting it, to test if it comes back with the old
name.

Any more ideas?

Kathryn