[dba-Tech] Failure to detect Flame marks 'the end of signature-based anti-virus'

Hans-Christian Andersen hans.andersen at phulse.com
Tue Jun 5 01:29:09 CDT 2012

http://www.scmagazineuk.com/failure-to-detect-flame-marks-the-end-of-signature-based-anti-virus/article/243505/

“It's no secret that there is a huge industry devoted to bypassing anti-virus. Flame, we hope, will help serve as a key event that compels organisations to rethink their security spend. Turns out the UN is warning member states about Flame. Let's hope ‘updating your anti-virus' isn't one of the recommendations.”

Can't help but feel like this day was a long time coming… well, it actually happened already, we just didn't notice at the time.

Hans