[dba-Tech] FYI: Moving to "nirvana": if Microsoft were to shift to WebKit, you can thank Opera.

Jim Lawrence accessd at shaw.ca
Mon Feb 18 17:14:15 CST 2013

Hi Shamil:

It is just that I will be struggling through a website and the owner, a
small artist, wants MS functionality...and the client was not happy that the
site will now cost more so they have limited the site size to match their
budget...it is not pleasant situation as they hold me somehow responsible.

So I was just rambling being on the immediate topic.

Personally, I could care less about who makes a browser or who does not. The
only one requirement I have is that it works and works right and, at the
moment, up to my eyebrows in page hacks, I really could not care how this
task is achieved.

Now I know why, as of a January poll, only 12 percent of web developers
develop in Microsoft, down from 15 percent last October.

I apologies for not being very philosophical about this but Microsoft has
the money and techs to make the Trident engine compatible so it is mandatory
to get their house in order...or their worse fears and maybe ours, that the
unfortunate uniculture of the Webkit will be a fact...and Microsoft will be
to blame.