[dba-Tech] PCs are here to stay

Jim Lawrence accessd at shaw.ca
Tue Jan 15 21:17:57 CST 2013

No, hardly "kicking the can down the road" but we now have to wait to see is
all the predictions by the "reported" experts and our observations comes
true.

What I find most exciting is it appears that no longer is there an immediate
threat that one of two companies to completely rule the direction the
computer industry. These breakups give opportunities for the creative
geniuses out there. There are more start-ups that ever before and more
successful one. More companies are popping up everywhere. There is more and
different technologies being tested and used.

Unfortunately, Microsoft's 95 percent control of the industry crushed out
much of new technology growth. Now a days a tech can be anything they want
to be whether it is Windows, Apple, Linux, desktop, tablet, Smartphone,
cloud, SQL, NoSQL or any mixture of a thousand different flavours.

The market, even though it has matured a lot, looks not unlike the industry
in the eighties, full of energy and creativity. It is a good time to be a
programmer.