[dba-Tech] Seagate Momentus XT Hybrid Drive

Dan Waters df.waters at comcast.net
Fri Jan 25 13:27:50 CST 2013

Hi Arthur,

Out of curiosity I looked up how these drives work.

The SSD portion acts as a non-volatile cache - you cannot direct an app to
be installed on the SSD portion.  So it's the 750 Gb or 500 Gb size rating
that you use to determine which one to buy.

The reviews on Amazon or overwhelmingly 5's, so lots of people like it.

Good Luck!
Dan