[dba-Tech] Skype compromised?

Arthur Fuller fuller.artful at gmail.com
Tue Jan 29 04:54:41 CST 2013

Well, it seems that we have achieved consensus world-wide (gotta love this
internet thing!). I'm now wondering whether there's a way to accept the
call, long enough to trace it (of course the caller might be anonymizing),
from within a sandbox such as a VM, so that if anything is secretly
installed, it's only within that VM, which could then be inspected in
detail, without placing the host at risk. Which begs the question, Is there
a "sysdiff" utility that could inspect two otherwise identical VMs, one of
which accepted the call?

A.